In Spanish 2, I did a Chalk Talk around the room on chart paper with the following questions.
1. What is the easiest category (reading, writing, speaking, vocabulary/grammar, listening) of learning Spanish? Why?
2. What is the hardest category (reading, writing, speaking, vocabulary/grammar, listening) of learning Spanish? Why?
3. What did you learn about the culture in the last unit?
4. What did you take away from the last unit?
5. How are you helping the classroom environment/community?
6. What have I done to help you learn Spanish better?
7. What could I have done to help you learn Spanish better?
8. What did you do on your own to learn Spanish in the last unit?
My goal was to get students to reflect on their own thinking process. The thinking that was evident was considering different viewpoints and making connections. I wanted students to see what areas their peers were struggling and excelling in. I also wanted them to see what other students took away from the unit. Lastly, I wanted to make a connection with the students and see what types of classroom activities were helpful and which ones were not. After the students completed the questions, we discussed them as a class and I can review them in the future if necessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment