Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My students are showing their learning by creating educational videos at the end of a section in our Algebra curriculum.  I go over the topic and explain what we are going to cover for the next week or two.  Then from there my students and I go over practice problem that I have shared with them in class.  After going over the practice I have the students get into groups to create a video on that topic so they can share with me and each other in the class.  I can see by watching the videos which groups have a good grasp of the concept and which groups are going to need extra help with the topic.  This also gives them an extra tool that they can save and use to review for any up coming test or exam.  This link is an example of one of the groups video project.  http://screencast.com/t/lDzLNWaPj

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with this, I saw these students working on this when they were making the Algebra video in Spanish. They were translating the math into Spanish! The kids were collaborative, timely and displayed unbelievable teamwork. Aside from creating mathematicians, you are teaching them real world skills, you are preparing them for their future careers. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete